Friday, February 19, 2010

TESTOSTERONE

A scented wave of light air, pleasant for anyone’s taste,
Hurried up my nostrils, caressing their eager buds,
And I could tell it came from the opposite sex.

An eight-shaped figure cat-walked the walk way
Banging her hips from side to side…No, from left to right.
Busts of butterflies from her radiant face
Lift the veil of unbelief off mine.
I’m cured.
Now I’m convinced there is purpose in creation.
This is my long awaited half…my missing rib.

Then I heard the symphony of sublime sounds.
An invisible orchestra bathed the air with infectious music
My heart resonated with their angelic tunes
Harps, flutes, pianos, violins, mandolins…
All kinds of stringed and wind instruments.
Only Cupid is seen, fluttering above her head…
He is not with the singers…Killer! His bow is aimed at me.
He strikes my heart, and I love the pain.

But what’s that sudden nudge beginning to form
With this ravishing sight?
I feel the heat of desire burning
Somewhere between my legs
And I like it…No, I hate it.
Like it…hate it…Damn, I’m a divided man. A man apart.
Who will rescue me from this body of sin?

Now calm down, ‘you’ polygamous brother of countless attractions.
I am determined to do it right.
I will go over and tell her my name, and ask of hers too.
Then we will go home and see my mother and father;
After that, we’ll see hers too.
I have found renewal—not just from this mere urge.




An exerpt from my poetry collection TENDRILS
David Numshi Musa © 2009
Author, Solitude and Serenity

No comments:

Post a Comment