Friday, February 19, 2010

HALF OF ME (purpose driven)

Sometimes I feel
Like I am serving the world too little
Of my life’s drink
I imagine myself a floating iceberg
Revealing to sailors
Only my tip
While a mountain of me melts
Beneath

Sometimes I think
Life is a cup I need to fill
It seems
A hungry world sits round my table
Craving a taste
Of my dish

Sometimes I feel
Sometimes I think
But all times I know

I know that
God does not play dice
I was born
A product of intent and grand design
To find, realize and fulfill
My destiny

When the passions burn
Within me
Eagerly desiring an outpour
I am like an angry bottled-up wine
About to blast
And rip off my bothering skin
Launching the cork seal rocket high

I am convinced
That the hour lies ahead
When I shall erupt
Like a fuming red-hot volcano
To run my fiery larva ravagingly
Over the plains of earth’s history
Treading my course
Till age wears me cold
And leave behind a rock
Of solid memory
For all man to study
And a new life to evolve





An excerpt from my book SOLITUDE AND SERENITY
David Numshi Musa © 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment